In cases where the Academy’s equipment, buildings or grounds are to be let the Governors and Principal will ensure that:
- Any means of access and egress are safe for the use of hirers.
- Any equipment to be used by hirers is safe and any operating instructions and Health and Safety precautions are clearly identified.
- All emergency doors are clearly identified and fire drill/evacuation procedures are understood.
- Telephones, alarms, fire fighting equipment and other safety equipment are pointed out and that users are familiar with how to use them.
- After the hirers have vacated the premises a full security check of the site including any equipment used takes place and any faults are reported and recorded.
- Any Health and Safety signage is clearly displayed and uses are clear as to the meanings.
- There is a contact person available for hirers to contact should there be any issues that may require attention.