Pupil Premium and Y7 Catch up Funding
What is Pupil Premium Funding?
The Pupil Premium is funding that schools receive to raise the attainment of disadvantaged students. Schools receive extra funding for each student that meets any of the criteria below:
- Every child currently registered as eligible for free school meals (FSM)
- Every child who has been eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years
- Looked-after children (LAC) defined in the Children Act 1989 as one who is in the care of, or provided with accommodation by, an English local authority
- Children who have ceased to be looked after by a local authority in England and Wales because of adoption, a special guardianship order, a child arrangements order or a residence order
- Children who have a parent currently serving in the armed forces
The Pupil Premium is paid directly to MCMA as it is deemed that schools are best placed to assess what additional provision their students need. Ofsted inspections will report on our use of the funding, and how this positively effects the attainment of disadvantaged students. We will be expected to show that the spending of the pupil premium:
- Increases the attainment of pupil premium students
- Increases the progress made by pupil premium students
- Reduces the gap in attainment between pupil premium students and their non-pupil premium peers.
Pupil Premium 2016-17
The document below outlines the planned spending of the 2016-17 pupil premium allocation and is reviewed every term. The next review date will be March 2017:
Pupil Premium Spend 2015-16
The document below outlines the actual spend of the 2015-16 pupil premium allocation:
Year 7 Catch up Funding
The Year 7 catch up funding provided to all schools and is to be used to support students who have not achieved Level 4 on entry to Year 7. Literacy and Numeracy is key to all our students’ development and an overview of how this money is used is outlined in the link below.
More specific detail of how we promote literacy and numeracy across the Academy can be seen in the “Reading, Writing, Communication and Mathematics” page of the website.
Catch Up Funding